Point Lonsdale Village Playground
This popular playground is situated between Point Lonsdale beach and the shopping and café strip along Point Lonsdale Road. Public toilets, a drinking fountain and BBQ and picnic table facilities are all nearby.
Key features include a fabulous view over Point Lonsdale beach and back to Queenscliff and a seemingly never-ending climbing structure.
Princess Park Playground, Tobin Drive Queenscliffe
This is a fantastic playground located in a lovely park area, close to the beach. Car parking is just a few metres away and public toilets are also available.
Key features include a lighthouse that the kids can climb up, a giant squid and a huge tyre swing.
The Gasworks Skate Park is located at 240 Point Lonsdale Road, Point Lonsdale.
It caters for skating abilities of beginners through to more advanced and adventurous skaters, roller bladers and BMX riders. Activities such as skate competitions, night skate sessions, bus trips to other skate parks and skating clinics are held throughout the year.
Children under the age of 10 require parental supervision. Safety gear must be worn at the Skate Park.
Adventure Park, Wallington
1249 Bellarine Highway Wallington
Victoria’s biggest and most exciting theme park is open from October to April, where there’s awesome fun for the whole family and kids big and small.
Various opening/closing times: see www.adventurepark.com.au for details
- Explore pirate boats, fortresses and a heritage steam train with a Queenscliff Discovery Pass; prodiving entry into three of Queenscliff’s unique heritage attractions
- Discover the rock pools at low tide below the lighthouse in Point Lonsdale
- Hire a bike and ride the Bellarine Rail Trail
- Go fishing on the piers or book a half-day boat trip from Fisherman’s Wharf
- Go swimming with the seals and dolphins
- Take a boat tour around the south end of the Bay
- Join in the ‘Spotto’ pre-schoolers scavenger hunt – pick up more information from the Queenscliff Visitor Information Centre
- Have your own sandcastle competition on one of the many beaches
- Catch the Bellarine Railway steam train to Drysdale and back. Keep an eye out for special events such as Day Out with Thomas.
- Visit the Marine Discovery and Freshwater Centre and its touch pool showcasing the creatures of the sea.